Monday, November 22, 2010

My First Attempt at Toggles - Part Two

Toggle Test Results Revealed ~~
I glazed up a few of my toggles, and here's the results!

I realized I didn't make the wire loops large enough on the backs of the toggle bars,
so I had to improvise and hang them from triangle wires so the glaze wouldn't touch
the bead rods and stick to them while firing.  Next time I'll make the loops larger.
But all in all, I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt,
and even used one on a necklace that I'll show you later!


  1. These look great Lisa! Sweet glaze colors, love them!

  2. They look beautiful! And the proportion of the bar to loop is great too... no unexpected slips through the loop. Can't wait to see what you have created with them!

  3. These are awesome. I couldn't wait to see these.
    Love the shapes....I am so glad on a previous post how you showed the cutouts for the shapes.
    Thanks....keep up the good work.

  4. Very nice finished pieces! I find that as I am loading glaze kilns my brain is always going to "how can I make a better hook for firing" or something to make loading quirky hanging pieces easier without compromising the size of the hole. Hmmm…
    Can't wait to see the necklace! Love seeing finished pieces!

  5. Thanks everyone - I'm so glad you like the toggles!

    Interesting you should mention that about the bar being in proportion to the toggle. I realized that you need to put the loop in the middle of the bar so it doesn't slip out, and make sure they are long enough. I'll need to redo the pink one.

    Thanks Marsha, I'm going to make some bigger wire loops for the bars next time. Hopefully the bars will then fit through the toggle hole! It's all a learning process. But the process is what makes it interesting and fun. If it doesn't work out, there's always a next time.... :)

    I'll post some of the necklaces I made with the toggles so you can see...

    Thanks again for taking a look~! :)